College of Education & Human Sciences
Welcome to the College of Education and Human Sciences at the University of North Alabama! With roots tracing back to 1872 as the first state-supported teachers college south of the Ohio River, UNA has a rich history of preparing high-quality educators. Our work has expanded to include preparing high-quality practitioners and researchers in the fields of education, health, and wellness.
The College of Education and Human Sciences offers a variety of programs including Counselor Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Instructional Leadership, Secondary Education, Special Education, Teacher Leadership, Exercise Science, Sport and Recreation Management, and more. There are approximately 900 undergraduate students and approximately 500 graduate students enrolled in the COEHS studying from one of 27 undergraduate programs and 28 graduate programs.
College of Education and Human Sciences Quick Facts
- 100% of undergraduate programs culminate in an internship
- Ph.D. in Exercise Science and Health Promotion begins Fall 2021
- Home of Kilby Laboratory School, Alabama's only state-funded laboratory school
- Extensive local, national, and international partnerships
- Diverse opportunities for Study Away and Study Abroad
Thank you for your interest in UNA! Roar Lions!